Saturday, October 08, 2005

Love, Love, Love, Love this weather!

In my perfect world it would be 75-80 degrees every day and night all year long! After what seems like forever of weather around 100 degrees, we had a cold front come through (although it gave us a scare with Jay's leg) and the weather is gorgeous. Soccer games this morning were beautiful. The sun was shining, hardly any clouds, and it was perfect temperature. The wind did make it a little bit cool so we took jackets to use as blankets but other then that it was perfect. I just love Fall. Even though some major disappointments in my life have happened in the Fall, it remains my absolute favorite time of year. I just love it!

About Jay's scare: He has a leg disease called Legg Calve Perthes Disease and for several years he had quite a bit of trouble with it. I wont get into all the old details but it involves his hip and sometimes he still has trouble with it. At the soccer game the other night, he began to have quite a bit of pain and I could tell he was struggling a bit with keeping the bone in place. He is a trooper though and kept on keeping on. We took him to the doctor on Friday just to be sure that it was a "normal for him" kind of pain and that it was nothing more than his "normal" pain. Its all good! Whew....of course.....had I looked at the TV at any point this week (dont think it ever got turned on all week) I would have known about this cold front and that would have explained some of his trouble. The weather change hits him hard. He is doing well though and all is good! No worries!

Tomorrow is Homecoming at Dozier United Methodist Church where my Granny attended many years. In all reality, this homecoming ends up being much like a family reunion for us. We will be headed out to spend the day with them tomorrow and I am so excited. I cant wait to see whoever is able to make it! I know I will have some pictures to share!

The kids are at their Dad's this afternoon for the opening of dove season. They are so excited. The boys have never been taken hunting before and they can hardly stand themselves. Although guns scare me to death, I dont have problems with hunters at all and am excited for them to begin this little hobby. Its important. Stephanie is along for the ride too!

Tonite we will be going to a bonfire birthday party. The child doesnt even want birthday gifts.....we are taking items for the hurricane victims instead. Cool huh! I thought it was strange when we got the invitation this week (since I dont bother to have time to watch TV or hear the news) because I was thinking it was entirely toooo hot to have a bonfire. But the invitation stated that they would get to play in the woods and cookout etc. That is right up my kids alley so we have been excited. With the cool weather today (high is going to be 79) and tonite it is supposed to drop into the 50's, it actually worked out perfect. Its going to be sooooo nice and I am excited! Its a family event! Until then, I need to get busy and wash some clothes and do some chores! As usual, we are never home and there is so much that needs to be done. I have opened some windows and plan to make the best of it for the next few hours! Clean fresh air and hopefully a clean house to boot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home