Friday, October 07, 2005

Beth Moore Ministry

Tonite, I was again privileged to attend a Beth Moore seminar in Pensacola. I have seen her before, live, and I really enjoy her Bible Studies and books. I had plans on going with two friends but one was unable to attend. Martha and I were able to attend and it was very inspiring. as always. Beth Moore is an awesome speaker and teacher of God's word. If you ever have the opportunity to attend, you must. It is an awesome "Girls Night Out" experience!

Tonite's lesson was on the various ways we are held in "captivity" and how God rescues us again and again because we keep allowing ourselves to be taken back into that state. God's plan is for us to be CAPTIVE in CHRIST and not in the things of this world. Each of us has things that keeps us captive and it varies for each individual (sin, grief, mourning, busy schedules, love life, ministering to others, etc). However, God's plan is for us to be redeemed, restored and able to worship and fellowship with Him. Her words spoke to how we may be out of the will of God and how that effects our relationship but also how we may be out doing God's "work" but it could also effect our relationship with him. We really have to keep our priorities in check and monitor our motives and goals and keep things in check. Things can quickly become "idols" and we can forget where our true redemption is found. It was an awesome service.

My other friend and I split the ticket for the weekend seminar because my boys have soccer games tomorrow. I feel very blessed to have been able to attend tonite. It was also a birthday present for me from Martha. It was a fun night and I really enjoyed the time out to do something for me!

For more information regarding Beth Moore, her ministry, and her books and Bible Studies, please go to http://www.lproof.org/ .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home