Today's Thought for the Day
Time heals grief and love prevents scar tissue.
Leviticus 19:18 NIV
Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.
This is sooooooooooooooooooooo hard!!! Revenge is much better if left to God but it doesnt always feel that way. Grudges are so hard not to hold even though I know its the "right" thing to do. Forgiveness is a commandment from God but it certainly is not always easy. Actually, I think its easy if the person who has wronged us is apologetic and remorseful but when they are clueless or could care less, it is very difficult to turn the other cheek. Yet, who are we to play God and decide the punishment. If we just stop and think, the best punishment and consequences come from God. Who better to teach the lessons of life than the creator himself. He is God. We are his children.
Leviticus 19:18 NIV
Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.
This is sooooooooooooooooooooo hard!!! Revenge is much better if left to God but it doesnt always feel that way. Grudges are so hard not to hold even though I know its the "right" thing to do. Forgiveness is a commandment from God but it certainly is not always easy. Actually, I think its easy if the person who has wronged us is apologetic and remorseful but when they are clueless or could care less, it is very difficult to turn the other cheek. Yet, who are we to play God and decide the punishment. If we just stop and think, the best punishment and consequences come from God. Who better to teach the lessons of life than the creator himself. He is God. We are his children.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home