Back to work and school...
Today we finally started back to school and work after Hurricane Katrina. We had many children, who are victims from this storm, register at our school today. We look for many more in the coming days and weeks. Its very sad! My heart breaks for them. As much of our community was devastated by Hurricane Ivan last year, I hope that they will find comfort and many sympathetic ears while in our area. We have lived it and know what they are going through, just on a much smaller scale. I hope they will be very happy here and begin to feel at home very soon.
School is actually only starting on a trial basis. The gas situation will be closely monitored and whether we continue to stay open will be heavily dependant upon those gas reports. I pray we can stay open so that we can provide some normalcy to our children as well as those who have evucated to our area. Not to mention the fact, that starting back after being off for over a week was like starting school all over again. Just as we were managing to get these kids to remember to bring a pencil and their binder to class, we have this catastrophe hit, and their brains were blown away in the wind! Jeepers....kids!! lol lol lol
Soccer practice was back full swing for sure this evening. I think almost every team was on the fields today. We had 2-3 teams practicing on each field with some outside of the fields. It was nice to see the kids out playing though and Jay had a great time.
Stephanie got her cross country meet schedule. They were supposed to have a meet today (didnt know that) but that got cancelled. It will be very interesting to see one of these as I have no experience in this area at all. It is so hot when they are practicing after school that I just hope they all do well. The heat is unbelievable and to be out there running several miles is beyond my comprehension. I pray she does well at this sport though. She is so quick!!
Back to school and work feels good....its progress and its all good!
School is actually only starting on a trial basis. The gas situation will be closely monitored and whether we continue to stay open will be heavily dependant upon those gas reports. I pray we can stay open so that we can provide some normalcy to our children as well as those who have evucated to our area. Not to mention the fact, that starting back after being off for over a week was like starting school all over again. Just as we were managing to get these kids to remember to bring a pencil and their binder to class, we have this catastrophe hit, and their brains were blown away in the wind! Jeepers....kids!! lol lol lol
Soccer practice was back full swing for sure this evening. I think almost every team was on the fields today. We had 2-3 teams practicing on each field with some outside of the fields. It was nice to see the kids out playing though and Jay had a great time.
Stephanie got her cross country meet schedule. They were supposed to have a meet today (didnt know that) but that got cancelled. It will be very interesting to see one of these as I have no experience in this area at all. It is so hot when they are practicing after school that I just hope they all do well. The heat is unbelievable and to be out there running several miles is beyond my comprehension. I pray she does well at this sport though. She is so quick!!
Back to school and work feels good....its progress and its all good!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home